1/1 Photo of Smoked Salmon Risotto
I've finally been introduced to risotto, and am obsessed with it ... and I had some smoked salmon that needed to be used up. I found this recipe at http://culinariaitalia.wordpress.com (it's important to give credit where credit is due!). Boy, did this hit the spot .... this was so simple, and so very, very delicious.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 cups vegetable stock or 6 cups chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 small onion (or use any combination of leeks, shallots, and onions that pleases you)
- 1 1/2 cups arborio rice
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dill weed (I used dried dill, and probably more than a teaspoon)
- 8 ounces smoked salmon
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, grated & of highest possible quality
- 1Dice the onion(s) into small dice. Saute in 1 butter until golden.
- 2Add rice and stir thoroughly to coat; cook over medium-high heat for about two minutes.
- 3Add the wine, salt and dill to the rice/onion mixture.
- 4Heat vegetable stock in a separate pot. Using a large soup ladle, add one ladleful to the rice at a time, stirring constantly in between additions. (This is somewhere between half a cup and a cup of stock.) Wait until the liquid is absorbed before adding the next ladleful. The whole process of adding liquid should take anywhere from 20-30 minutes.
- 5Take half of the smoked salmon and chop it fine. Add to remaining butter and cream thoroughly. Take the other half of the smoked salmon and coarsely chop it.
- 6About two minutes before the rice has finished cooking, add the butter/salmon mixture and the coarsely chopped salmon. Stir for another two minutes, until thoroughly incorporated and creamy. Add the parmesan and stir for another minute or two.
Browse Our Top Short-Grain Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Smoked Salmon Risotto
Serving Size: 1 (146 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 369.8
- Calories from Fat 112
- Total Fat 12.5 g
- Saturated Fat 6.9 g
- Cholesterol 39.1 mg
- Sodium 999.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 0.8 g
- Protein 17.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: