Recipe by um-um-good
I thought this recipe sounded really good. Instead of your usual cheese ball, I thought the presentation of this would be really unique-salmon truffles?! I found this recipe in our weekly grocery flyer. The recipes it posts are always great!
Top Review by Alison J.
Very good! The directions were clear and easy to understand, and everything came together really well. I didn't use capers (can't stand them!), but otherwise followed the recipe closely. I don't think I had my dill chopped finely enough, because the one truffle I rolled in dill looked pretty dopey. It gave me a good excuse to eat it, though, and it was tasty! I rolled all the rest in parmesan cheese. I'm taking these to my sister's baby shower tomorrow - I think they're going to disappear FAST!
- 250 g mascarpone cheese
- 1⁄4 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 tablespoon capers, drained and chopped
- 1⁄4 cup smoked salmon, chopped into small pieces
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 cup fresh dill, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- stir together the mascarpone, ricotta, capers, salmon and 1/4 cup each of the parmesan and dill.
- refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- using two spoons, form the mixture into 1 inch balls and roll half in the remaining parmesan and the other half in the remaining dill.
- chill until firm, approximately 10-15 minutes.
- prep time includes all the chilling time.