Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Red Lion Inn is in Stockbridge, Massachusetts, USA and this recipe is adapted from the Red Lion Inn Cookbook. It's an easy and tasty hors d'oeuvre that will impress your guests. ZWT REGION: USA.
- 8 ounces thinly sliced smoked salmon (about 8 slices)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 8 teaspoons coarse grain mustard
- 4 teaspoons fresh dill (chopped)
- 4 slices red onions (sliced very thin)
- 4 teaspoons capers
- pumpernickel bread (thinly sliced) or dense rye bread (thinly sliced)
- On a serving plate arrange the salmon slices.
- Mix sour cream, mustard, dill and spread neatly over the salmon slices.
- Use the onion slices and capers to garnish, and serve with pumpernickel or dense Rye bread.
This is great, I have also substituted some cream cheese for some of the sour cream and loved it like that .. thanks
These were good. The mustard gave the 'spread' a little bit of a bite that complemented the other ingredients nicely. Thanks kiwi for sharing this recipe.