Prep 1 hr
Cook 10 mins
Salmon and pasta--what more could you want? This could be used for a romantic dinner or a dinner to impress the in-laws.
- 2 cups flour
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
Smoked Salmon Mousse
- 1 lb smoked salmon
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup chilled whipping cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon course ground pepper
- 1 lb gruyere cheese
- 1 cup heavy cream
- To make the pasta, place the flour in a mound on a smooth work area, creating a well in the center. Pour the beaten eggs and yolks into the well and slowly pull the flour into the eggs until it is all incorporated.
- Finish kneading by hand, adding more flour if needed for a smooth consistency. Divide the pasta in half and roll out each half or feed through pasta roller until thin, number 6 setting on the machine.
- For the mousse, puree the smoked salmon and eggs together until smooth. Slowly add the cream, pepper, and chives.
- Assemble the raviolis on a smooth, floured surface. Lay out the pasta and divide the smoked salmon mousse into 24 equal-sized portions and place these portions two inches apart on one sheet of pasta. Brush egg wash on the pasta between the mounds of salmon mousse and cover with the other sheet of pasta. Cut raviolis apart and refrigerate or freeze until you are ready to use. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil, add raviolis, and cook about 6 minutes.
- For the sauce: While the ravioli cooks, add to each of 8 fireproof plates 1 oz gruyere cheese and 1/8 cup cream. Heat under the broiler until the cheese melts then add the raviolis and sprinkle 1 oz. more gruyere on top. Place this under a broiler until the cheese browns lightly.