Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
A perfect dish for a special brunch or light dinner! To insure that the crust does not get soggy and the custard is fully cooked, besure to add the filling to a warm, partially baked crust.
- Preheat oven to 375º Farenheit.
- Bake pie crust shell for 10 minutes.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350º.
- In a large bowl whisk together eggs, milk, cream, nutmeg, salt and pepper.
- In small bowl mix together, Gruyere, Parmesan, shallots and flour.
- Sprinkle the cheese mixture and salmon over the bottom of the WARM pie shell.
- Pour egg mixture into warm pie shell.
- Bake on middle shelf until quiche is lightly browned and knife inserted 1 inch from the edge comes out clean, 40 to 50 minutes.
- The center should be set, but soft like gelatin (it will set up after removing from the oven).
- Transfer to a baking rack and cool.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
This was delicious but I think I should have used a deep dish pie shell ... I had a large amount of liquid left over! Can anyone confirm? It is not my recipe so I did not want to edit!
I was very pleased with how this turned out. I used fat free half and half and havarti cheese as that was all I had on hand. I added 1/2 teaspoon of onion powder as I didn't have a shallot. The quiche set up nicely when I took it out of the oven. This was delicious and I will make it again.
Really enjoyed this quiche! I used 2 cups of half and half, which worked perfectly! I really enjoyed the cheeses and the nutmeg put a special spin on it. Very nice, will be made again!