Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a quick weeknight favourite in our house. Serve with a squeeze of lemon and/or a handful of washed, mixed greens on top.
- 2 large pita breads (I use Khobz Wholemeal)
- 375 g light ricotta cheese
- 1 teaspoon dill
- salt and pepper
- 1 tomatoes, sliced
- 1⁄2 red onion, sliced thinly
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained
- 200 g smoked salmon, in bite sized pieces
- Preheat oven to 200 Celsius.
- Spread ricotta on the pita breads.
- Sprinkle with dill, salt, and pepper.
- Top with salmon, capers, tomato, and onions.
- Bake each pizza for about 15 minutes, or until pita is browned and tomatoes have softened.
Loved it...anything with salmon,capers and dill is wonderful! I prefer light cream cheese to the ricotta but am glad I tried it for something different. Also overall I still prefer smoked salmon pizzas that are cold. The greens over the top was a great idea and really worked. Thanks for sharing your recipe!
I thought I'd come up with such a clever little twist on bagels and lox, but it was Gingernut's idea all along! We found ourselves without bagels or any reasonable bread for this great smoked salmon that we had on hand. We had the red onion, capers, and tomato, but what to put it on? I grabbed some pita that I'd purchased and we stuck them in the oven. Instead of putting the ricotta on beforehand, I just heated the pita and then spread on some lebne. I put everthing else in bowls on the table and my kids loved being able to put everything on themselves. We ended up having these again the following day for lunch, so it looks like this is the preference over bagels! Great recipe Gingernut!
I made this for my lunch and absolutely loved it. I didn't have pita bread but instead used a tortilla. Thanks for posting Gingernut - a keeper for me!