Recipe by nsmabee
A very delicious gourmet pizza! If you like smoked salmon and gourmet pizza, this is your gig. I was watching my favorite TV channel, Food Network, when the idea of this came to me. They were making something similar, but being me, I took it and made it the following way. My measurements are different than most, but just remember it is to your personal taste.
- 1 prepared pizza dough (your favorite dough)
- 3 ounces cream cheese
- 6 -8 ounces sour cream
- 1 -2 tablespoon chopped fresh baby dill
- 4 ounces smoked salmon (Scottish Lox)
- 1⁄2 sliced English cucumber
- 1 thinly sliced tomatoes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1⁄16 teaspoon ground ginger
Directions See How It's Made
- If your pizza dough is uncooked, place on your pizza stone (or cookie sheet) and place in oven at 400 degrees for 8-10 minutes or until edges start to brown. While dough is in the oven, it is time to prepare the rest of the ingredients. In a small mixing bowl blend the cream cheese and sour cream until a smooth, creamy paste. Stir in the fresh chopped baby dill. This is your pizza sauce. Take this time to slice your cucumber and tomato also.
- Remove pizza dough from the oven and allow to sit for about 2 minutes. Spread the “pizza sauce” over the entire top of crust so that it is fairly thick using all of the sauce. Now it is time to start laying the fresh ingredients. Start by laying the sliced cucumbers. Lay the slices of smoked salmon on top of the cucumbers, there should be enough for exactly one layer. On top of the salmon place the sliced tomatoes and the remaining sliced cucumbers. Sprinkle the black pepper, ginger, and minced garlic over the top of the whole pizza evenly.
- Place the pizza back into the oven (400 degrees still) for about 5-6 more minutes or until the crust is browned. Remember, you don’t want to dry out the salmon! Take out, cool a little, slice and enjoy!