Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
From the Chicago Tribune. How can you go wrong with these ingredients? if you do not have Greek-style yogurt, drain your yogurt in a coffee filter for 30 minutes to reduce the water. Serve on sourdough bread, accompanied by a chilled white wine or fruity beer. I also liked it on buttery crackers. Spread can be made a day ahead and refrigerated in a covered container.
- 2 ounces smoked salmon
- 2 ounces mild goat cheese, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons plain fat-free Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh chives
- fresh ground black pepper
- additional yogurt, if needed
- Finely chop the salmon and place in a bowl with the goat cheese and yogurt.
- Mash to a paste, adding more yogurt, if necessary to get a spreading consistency.
- Stir in chives and pepper.
Enjoyed the combo of salmon, goat cheese & yogurt in this spread, & I look forward to making a larger batch to have available the next time I host one of my monthly meetings! What a wonderful spread you have here! Thanks for sharing it! [Tagged & made in Please Review My Recipe]
Yum! Having all the ingredients on hand, I decided to make this as a late-night snack for DH and myself to share with a glass of wine. I used a creamy, mild feta (Dodonis brand) for the cheese and slightly more yoghurt than called for to get a light consistency. Couldn't be easier to make and so tasty. Thanks.