Melanie B.'s Note:
This is another one of my experiments from my Phyllo fanatic days.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 lb smoked salmon, thinly sliced
- 1 (8 ounce) container cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons chives, fresh minced
- 2 tablespoons parsley, fresh minced
- 1 tablespoon tarragon, fresh minced
- 1 teaspoon paprika, sweet ground
- 1/4 cup white onion, diced
- 1/2 lb brie cheese, rind removed, cut in half and sliced through the thickness in 3 slices
- 1/4 cup butter, unsalted and melted
- 4 sheets phyllo dough, thawed
- 1Mix together the cream cheese, chives, parsley, tarragon, paprika, salt (to taste), and pepper (to taste) in a bowl. You may need to add a spoonful of milk or water to thin the consistency slightly. It needs to be thick but slightly spreadable.
- 2Brush the melted butter on each sheet of phyllo dough and layer gently.
- 3In the center, right half of the phyllo rectangle, gently spread half of the cream cheese mixture, layer half of the brie slices, and sprinkle half of the onions. Add salmon slices and season with a bit of salt and pepper. It is ok if they overlap. Top the salmon with the remaining cream cheese, onions, and brie.
- 4Fold over the empty half of the phyllo and create a large package, sealing tightly around the edges. Make it as pretty or rustic as you prefer.
- 5Brush the top of the dough with melted butter.
- 6Bake in a 400 degree oven for about 7-8 minutes, or until outside is golden brown and flaky. Cool before slicing.
- 7Slice into squares and serve at a brunch or as an appetizer. It goes well with mustard, bagels, bagel chips, cheese, vegetables, fruit, etc.
Browse Our Top Saltwater Fish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Smoked Salmon Phyllo Package
Serving Size: 1 (145 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 622.5
- Calories from Fat 456
- Total Fat 50.7 g
- Saturated Fat 30.4 g
- Cholesterol 162.6 mg
- Sodium 1144.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 0.9 g
- Protein 28.4 g