Recipe by blucoat
This pasta dish is so easy to make because it makes its own sauce! The cream cheese melts to form an incredibly smooth and luxurious sauce that compliments that smoked salmon very well. This recipe is a favourite dinner party entree of Food Network celebrity Chef Michael Smith.
- 1 lb penne (or your favourite shaped pasta like bowties, long pastas like spaghetti don't work as well)
- 1 cup room temperature cream cheese
- 1 bunch fresh dill, chopped
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 1 lemon, juice and zest of
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 cup capers
- 8 ounces smoked salmon (or more)
- sprinkled sea salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring a large pot of salted water on to boil. Season it liberally with salt. When it boils, add your choice of pasta. Cook to el dente, until the pasta is cooked through but still pleasantly chewy.
- Scoop out 1 cup or so of the starchy cooking water. Drain the pasta but not quite all the way. Leave it a bit wet. Put the pasta back into the pot along with a splash or two of the reserved water, about 1/2 cup or so in total then immediately add the rest of the ingredients.
- While the pasta is till steaming hot toss well melting the cheese and forming the creamy sauce. Season with salt and pepper. Serve immediately.