I found this gem in a rather old Bon Appetit magazine ('92) It is a lovely dish to serve to guests. Smooth and creamy. And, it looks like something that should take alot longer to prepare. Plus, all of the actual work can be done well in advance, so everybody is happy ;>)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 -5 ounces smoked salmon
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1 large egg yolk
- salt and pepper
- 1For the Pate': Preheat oven to 325^F.
- 2Butter, generously, four 4oz.
- 3custard cups.
- 4Puree smoked salmon in food processor.
- 5Add cream, egg yolk, salt and pepper and blend well.
- 6Divide evenly among prepared custard cups; smooth tops.
- 7Place custard cups in baking pan; add enough hot water to come halfway up sides of custard cups.
- 8Bake until pate' is just firm, about 20 minutes.
- 9Cover and refrigerate until chilled, at least 6 hours.
- 10For the sauce: Melt butter in heavy medium skillet over medium high heat.
- 11Add leek and cook until tender, stirring, about 4 minutes.
- 12Add water.
- 13Bring to a boil.
- 14Stir in potato and boil until potato is very tender, about 15 minutes.
- 15Cool slightly.
- 16Place mixture in bowl of food processor and puree.
- 17Add the 1/3 cup of whipping cream; blend.
- 18Season with salt and pepper.
- 19refrigereate until well chilled.
- 20The pate' and the sauce can be prepared 1 day in advance.
- 21Refrigerate separately.
- 22To serve: Run a paring knife around sides of custard cups to loosen pate'.
- 23Unmold onto individual plates.
- 24Spoon sauce around each.
- 25Garnish with chives and smoked salmon slices.
- 26Top each with a small dollop of whipped cream, if desired.
Browse Our Top Saltwater Fish Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Saltwater Fish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Smoked Salmon Pate' With Creamy Leek Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (274 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 317.0
- Calories from Fat 239
- Total Fat 26.6 g
- Saturated Fat 15.7 g
- Cholesterol 142.5 mg
- Sodium 306.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 1.2 g
- Protein 8.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: