Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Taken from Notebook magazine - here for safekeeping - untried as yet by me. Preparation time does not include chilling time in fridge.
- 200 g smoked salmon
- 125 g mascarpone cheese
- 1⁄2 cup whole egg mayonnaise
- 2 green onions, trimmed, sliced finely
- 1 tablespoon dill, chopped finely
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons horseradish cream
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Process salmon in food processor till almost smooth.
- Transfer to a bowl.
- Add all other ingredients.
- Stir gently till combined.
- Season if need be.
- Place into serving bowl, smooth top.
- Cover with plastic wrap.
- Refrigerate for at least 3 hours.
- Serve with melba toast.
very expensive catfood...awful texture, no depth of flavor. gave it to cat who rejected it.
Halved the amount and we polished it off for lunch today on crisp bread. The horseradish is the kicker in this recipe - makes it deliciously-different.
This smoked salmon pate was fantastic!! I brought it tonight to a BBQ at my parents' house and it was quickly polished off. Everyone raved about it and said I needed to rate it 5 stars all the way. Several people also asked how I made it and were surprised to learn there was horseradish in the recipe as they thought they didn't like horseradish. I bought the mascarpone and smoked salmon at Trader Joe's and made the recipe as directed. I wouldn't change a thing about this and I will definitely be bringing this as an appetizer in the future. We served on pita chips. Thanks. Made for ZWT6.