Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
I srve this hot smoked salmon pate with toasted ciabatta rolls instead of the traditional hot buttered bagel.
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 500 g hot smoked salmon, skinned and boned
- 250 g Quark
- 1 teaspoon creamed horseradish
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- fresh ground black pepper
- 2 small ciabatta rolls
- Heat the oil in the pan and saute the salad onions for 1 minute. Flake in the fish, then beat well, cooking for a further minute. Remove from the heat - if the mixture gets to hot, allow to cool slightly.
- Add the quark, horseradish, tabasco and black pepper, and mix together until well combined.
- Thinly slice the ciabatta rolls and lightly toast them. Serve with the hot smoked salmon pate and if you like, a sprinkling of thinly sliced salad onions and lemon wedges to squeeze over.