Recipe by Latchy
This was something I did when unexpected guests arrived, and it went down well.
Top Review by GaylaJ
This was an enjoyable, but quick and simple lunch. I made half the recipe, roughly halving all ingredients except for using the full garlic clove and about 2 ounces smoked salmon. I used about 3/4 ounce walnuts and topped with freshly ground black pepper and freshly grated Parmagiano Reggiano. Thanks for sharing your recipe!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 4 -5 walnuts, chopped
- 50 -75 g smoked salmon, shredded
- 1⁄3 cup cream
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon lemon, zest of
- freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 200 g short pasta, like farfalle or 200 g frilled pasta shells
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring salted pasta water to a boil and while the pasta is cooking, sauté the garlic in the oil in a skillet--but don't burn it.
- Add the walnuts and cook 2-3 minutes, then add salmon and season lightly.
- Add the cream and heat through.
- Drain the pasta and turn it into the skillet, toss and add the parsley, and serve.
- Top with freshly grated parmesan if desired.