1/3 Photos of Smoked Salmon Pasta
Expat in Holland's Note:
This is an awesome pasta that is quick to make and very satisfying. I first copied a recipe from Bon Appetit and then combined it with several recipes from my cookbooks. Over the years I have tweeked it to the recipe it is today. I have used fresh salmon in place of smoked salmon when I have not been able to get smoked salmon, and it was very good as well. Served with a salad it makes a very lovely meal.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 cup mushroom, sliced
- 2 shallots, sliced thinly
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 pinch cayenne
- 1/3 lb smoked salmon, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest, grated
- 3 tablespoons capers, drained
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 1 lb linguine or 1 lb spaghetti
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- salt and pepper
- 1Cook Pasta as directed. Drain.
- 2Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat oil. Add mushrooms, shallots, garlic and cayenne. Saute until veggies are tender.
- 3Add white wine and bring to boil. Add cream and bring to boil. Let simmer for 3minutes.
- 4Add lemon juice, lemon zest and salmon. Bring to boil and let simmer 1 to 2 minutes.
- 5Add capers, parsley, salt and pepper. Mix well.
- 6Pour salmon mixture onto hot drained pasta. Toss to mix. Add Parmsean and toss well. Let set for 2 minutes as pasta will absorb any extra liquid.
Browse Our Top Saltwater Fish Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Saltwater Fish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Smoked Salmon Pasta
Serving Size: 1 (296 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 874.2
- Calories from Fat 383
- Total Fat 42.6 g
- Saturated Fat 18.4 g
- Cholesterol 101.2 mg
- Sodium 711.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 91.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.2 g
- Sugars 4.0 g
- Protein 28.8 g