Recipe by twissis
This great no-cook recipe from the *Best Seafood Recipes* cookbook of the Australian Women's Weekly cookbook series is packed w/flavor + texture & perfect for a light lunch, patio party fare & to-go occasions (Time includes 15 min to shred, grate & chop ingredients). *Enjoy*
Top Review by JackieOhNo!
Fabulous lunch salad! I made this almost exactly as posted except, since I expected the salad to last a few days in the refrigerator, I did not mix in any lettuce. I mixed all the other ingredients together (I used salmon), and on the day I was eating it, I packed some lettuce with my pita to stuff with the salad. It was absolutely delightful! I never would have thought of these ingredient combinations. Can't wait to try it with trout! Thanks for sharing.
- 12 ounces smoked salmon (or trout)
- 3 cups bibb lettuce (or iceberg variety, shredded)
- 6 ounces alfalfa sprouts
- 1 medium carrot (grated)
- 3 green onions (finely chopped)
- 6 marinated artichokes (jar variety in pieces, chopped)
- 6 pita pockets (sml size)
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
Directions See How It's Made
- Remove any skin or bones from salmon (or trout) & flake or chop the flesh.
- Combine salmon (or trout) w/lettuce, sprouts, carrot, shallots & artichokes in a lrg bowl.
- Cut pita pockets in half, spread ea half w/1 tsp mayo & stuff w/equal amts of the salmon (or trout) mixture. Done!
- NOTE: Salmon (or trout) mixture can be made several hrs b4 filling pita pockets & kept stored in refrigerator (covered).