Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Purchase smoked salmon or lox and tin of smoked oysters. Make sure there are no bones in the salmon. Wonton Wrappers and bits of cheese of your choice.This is one appetizer your guests will love.
- 2 (3 3/4 ounce) cans smoked oysters, drained or
- 1 lb smoked salmon
- 24 wonton wrappers (package)
- 1 cup shredded monterey jack cheese or 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- dill weed
- salt and pepper
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, 24 cubes
- hot sauce
- peanut oil or vegetable oil
- paper towels
- Place wonton wrappers on damp kitchen towel.
- Cut smoked salmon in 24 pieces, remove any bones.
- Place smoked oysters on paper towels to completely drain the oil from them.
- Place a smoked oyster,or a smoked salmon chunk in the center of wrapper.
- Add a pinch of dill weed on top of smoked salmon only.
- Salt and pepper if you wish.
- Add shredded cheese on top of smoked oyster if desired.
- Note: If you purchase lox, you may want to put a cream cheese cube on top.
- Dampen the edges of the wrapper with water and bring all sides together at once and twist and seal.
- Prepare all at once and set aside. Refrigerate if desired.
- Preheat oil to 375*.
- Fry until golden brown.
- Place on paper toweled tray.
- Keep warm in the oven before serving.
- Dip in hot sauce if you wish.