I have been looking for something different to do with smoked salmon and this is what I found! This recipe was found while I was surfing the net and now I can't remember where. :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons jalapeno peppers, seeded and finely chopped (WATCH YOUR EYES)
- 2 cups fresh peaches, peeled and chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup sliced onion
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 4 sourdough English muffins, split & toasted
- 8 ounces gruyere cheese
- 8 ounces smoked salmon
- 1Preheat broiler.
- 2Combine sugar, jalapeno peppers, peaches, lime juice, green onions, cilantro & set aside.
- 3Arrange muffin halves in an even layer on a baking sheet.
- 4Top each muffin half evenly with the cheese; place pan 6 inches below the broiled eleements; broil 3 minutes or until cheese melts & muffins are toasted.
- 5Remove the pan from oven.
- 6Top each muffin half with about 1 to 2 tablespoons of salsa and approximately 2 oz of smoked salmon.
- 7Serve immediately with a salad of baby greens, a vinaigrette & a nice bottle of wine!
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Smoked Salmon Open Sandwich W/Peach Salsa & Gruyere Cheese
Serving Size: 1 (214 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 355.8
- Calories from Fat 190
- Total Fat 21.1 g
- Saturated Fat 11.3 g
- Cholesterol 76.1 mg
- Sodium 662.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 11.0 g
- Protein 28.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
sourdough English muffins