Recipe by Manami
I have been looking for something different to do with smoked salmon and this is what I found! This recipe was found while I was surfing the net and now I can't remember where. :)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons jalapeno peppers, seeded and finely chopped (WATCH YOUR EYES)
- 2 cups fresh peaches, peeled and chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1⁄4 cup sliced onion
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 4 sourdough English muffins, split & toasted
- 8 ounces gruyere cheese
- 8 ounces smoked salmon
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat broiler.
- Combine sugar, jalapeno peppers, peaches, lime juice, green onions, cilantro & set aside.
- Arrange muffin halves in an even layer on a baking sheet.
- Top each muffin half evenly with the cheese; place pan 6 inches below the broiled eleements; broil 3 minutes or until cheese melts & muffins are toasted.
- Remove the pan from oven.
- Top each muffin half with about 1 to 2 tablespoons of salsa and approximately 2 oz of smoked salmon.
- Serve immediately with a salad of baby greens, a vinaigrette & a nice bottle of wine!