Recipe by waynejohn1234
I think I found this recipe in Bon Appetit a few yrs. ago when I was looking for something elegant for a brunch. Could certainly be served for breakfast. Whatever, they are very good and not too difficult. Hope someone enjoys them.
- 12 eggs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 8 teaspoons butter (unsalted is better)
- 6 ounces smoked salmon, sliced
- 4 tablespoons chopped red onions
- 4 teaspoons capers, drained
- 8 tablespoons whipped cream cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Whisk eggs, salt and pepper in a large bowl to blend.
- Melt 2 tsps. butter in an 8 inch nonstick skillet over a medium heat.
- Ladle 3/4 cup egg mixture into skillet.
- Cook until eggs are softly set, stirring often and lifting edges to allow uncooked portion to run under.
- Place 1/4 of salmon on half of omelet.
- Sprinkle with 1 tbls. onion and 1 teaspoons capers.
- Top with 2 tbls. cream cheese.
- Fold omelet in half and slide out onto plate.
- Repeat with remaining butter, egg mixture, salmon, onion, capers and cream cheese to make 3 more omelets.