Recipe by lazyme
I love smoked salmon, cream cheese, red onions and capers on a bagel. This uses the same ingredients in an omelet.
Top Review by I'mPat
I scaled back for 1 but only used 2 eggs and oh it was so good just loved the saltiness from the capers and the salmon with the sweetness from the eschalot onion and that creamy smooth cream cheese wrapped in fluffy egg to make a decadent omelet, thank you lazyme for a great breakfast, made for Went To Market.
- 12 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 6 ounces smoked salmon, chopped
- 4 tablespoons red onions, chopped
- 4 teaspoons capers, drained
- 8 tablespoons cream cheese, whipped
Directions See How It's Made
- Whisk eggs, salt and pepper in a large bowl to blend.
- Melt 2 teaspoons butter in a 8-inch diameter nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Ladle 3/4 cup of the egg mixture into the skillet.
- Cook until eggs are softly set, stirring often and lifting edge of eggs to allow uncooked portion to run under, covering skillet if necessary to help set the top.
- Place 1/4 of the salmon on half of the omelet.
- Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon onion and 1 teaspoon capers.
- Top with 2 tablespoons cream cheese.
- Fold omelet in half and slid out onto plate.
- Repeat with ingredients to make 3 more omelets.