Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
I love smoked salmon, cream cheese, red onions and capers on a bagel. This uses the same ingredients in an omelet.
- Whisk eggs, salt and pepper in a large bowl to blend.
- Melt 2 teaspoons butter in a 8-inch diameter nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Ladle 3/4 cup of the egg mixture into the skillet.
- Cook until eggs are softly set, stirring often and lifting edge of eggs to allow uncooked portion to run under, covering skillet if necessary to help set the top.
- Place 1/4 of the salmon on half of the omelet.
- Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon onion and 1 teaspoon capers.
- Top with 2 tablespoons cream cheese.
- Fold omelet in half and slid out onto plate.
- Repeat with ingredients to make 3 more omelets.
I scaled back for 1 but only used 2 eggs and oh it was so good just loved the saltiness from the capers and the salmon with the sweetness from the eschalot onion and that creamy smooth cream cheese wrapped in fluffy egg to make a decadent omelet, thank you lazyme for a great breakfast, made for Went To Market.
A little too much cream cheese (never thought I'd hear myself say that!), but otherwise yummy!
This was so good. I scaled it down for one and after I ate it, I wanted another one. Love smoked salmon, red onions, capers and cream cheese, it was just perfect. Certainly called out my name...long and hard. This was so quick and easy to put together. I will be enjoying this decadent treat often. Thank you so much for sharing your recipe Lazyme. :)