Recipe by dicentra
Epicurious. Serve with an arugula salad and fresh fruit.
Top Review by I'mPat
I scaled this back for 1 and really thought I was going to love it but I couldn't get past the first mouthful as all I was tasting was the sour cream, I will give reconsideration but only use a very small amount of sour cream, just a smear so it is not the predominant and only thing you can taste. Made for Name that Ingredient tag game.
- 3 tablespoons reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 tablespoon coarse-grained Dijon mustard
- 4 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh chives or 2 tablespoons green onion tops
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons minced fresh tarragon (or 1 teaspoon dried)
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 2 ounces smoked salmon, cut into strips
Directions See How It's Made
- Whisk sour cream and mustard in small bowl to blend.
- Whisk eggs, 2 tablespoons water, chives and tarragon in medium bowl to blend. Season egg mixture with salt and pepper.
- Melt 1 teaspoon butter in small nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add half of egg mixture and stir briefly. Let eggs begin to set at edges.
- Using spatula, lift edges and tilt pan, allowing uncooked portion to flow underneath.
- Cook until eggs are set but still moist, about 1 minute. Spread half of mustard mixture and half of salmon over half of omelet.
- Using spatula, fold unfilled portion over filling. Slide omelet out onto plate. Repeat with remaining butter, egg mixture and fillings to make second omelet.