Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
There's no real cooking time to this recipe - but there is 1 1/2 hours of 'setting' time in the refrigerator. This is a lovely appetizer.
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons unflavored gelatin
- 1⁄2 cup white fish stock
- 5 ounces sliced smoked salmon
- 1⁄4 cup well-chilled heavy cream
- 1 avocado, peeled,pitted and chopped
- 2⁄3 cup heavy cream
- 2 -3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice, to taste
- white pepper
- 1 tomatoes, peeled,seeded,cut into ¼ inch dice
- 1 teaspoon capers
- Make molds: In a small saucepan, sprinkle gelatin over stock and let soften 10 minutes.
- Heat over moderate heat, stirring, until liquid comes to a boil; stir until gelatin is just dissolved and let cool.
- In processor, grind salmon to a paste; with motor running, add stock in a stream, and puree until smooth.
- Force through a fine sieve into a bowl.
- In a small bowl, beat cream until it holds soft peaks and fold into puree.
- Divide among 4, ¼ cup ramekins, rinsed with cold water but not dried; smooth tops.
- Chill, covered with plastic wrap, for 1 hour or until set.
- Make sauce: In a small saucepan, combine avocado, cream, lemon juice, pepper and salt to taste.
- Bring to a boil, stirring, and simmer 2 minutes.
- Puree mixture in processor; force through a fine sieve into bowl and chill, covered, for 30 minutes.
- For serving: Run a knife around edge of molds and invert onto appetizer plates.
- Spoon some sauce around each mold and sprinkle tomato and capers decoratively over each.