Recipe by Dreamer in Ontario
A refreshing, elegant and hearty salad from Best of Scandinavian Cooking.
Top Review by JackieOhNo!
This was really very tasty. While the salad is quite hearty and filling, the lemon juice gives it a light quality that is refreshing and delicious! I would definitely make this again! Made for ZWT6 by a RedHot Renegade.
- 1⁄2 cup salad oil
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt and pepper
- 2 medium potatoes, cooked chilled and sliced
- 1 head romaine lettuce, washed drained and dried
- 1⁄4 lb fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 6 -8 ounces smoked salmon, cut in slivers
- 4 hard-cooked eggs, sliced
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon dried dill
Directions See How It's Made
- Whisk together salad oil, lemon juice salt and pepper.
- Pour over potato slices and allow to stand 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, break romain into large chilled salad bowl.
- Drain salad dressing from potatoes and reserve.
- Arrange in a pattern over top of romaine the drained sliced potatoes, mushrooms, smoked salmon and eggs.
- Sprinkle with dill.
- Just before serving, toss at table with reserved dressing.
- Serve in individual salad bowls.