Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Inspired by a risotto from London restaurant Ooze.
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 12 ounces risotto rice, such as Arborio
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 6 cups vegetable stock, boiling
- 6 ounces smoked salmon, three-quarters chopped
- 3 1⁄2 ounces mascarpone
- 3 tablespoons flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest, plus lemon wedges to serve
- Fry the onion in the oil for 5 minutes Add the rice and garlic, then cook for 2 mins, stirring continuously. Pour in a third of the stock and set the timer to 20 minutes
- Simmer, stirring occasionally, until the stock has been absorbed, then add half the rest of the stock and carry on cooking, stirring a bit more frequently, until that has been absorbed.
- Pour in the last of the stock, stir, then simmer until cooked and creamy. Take from the heat and add the chopped salmon, mascarpone, parsley and lemon zest.
- Grind in some black pepper, but don't add salt as the salmon will be salty enough.
- Leave for 5 mins to settle, then taste and add some more pepper and salt if you like. Serve topped with reserved salmon (roughly torn) and serve with lemon wedges.
Really liked this and will make again. Like the last reviewer, found it a bit bland, though I attributed to having less smoked salmon (only 4 oz.), and should have compensated with some salt. Now she has given me idea of compensating with some parmesan! I bet that would be ideal. Love the lemon, and squeezed a generous amount of juice on the risotto at the table.
Very easy, nice and creamy but i found it a little bit bland (even with the lemon zest in it!) and added some Parmesan which helped a lot. Possibly adding lemon juice or the usual white wine might have helped??