This is a different take on lasagne and low fat. A bit of an effort, but you can freeze once cooked. I usually slice into portions before freezing. This recipe is from "Purely Golden Door" pg 125. The Golden Door is a luxurious health resort in the Hunter Valley wine district north of Sydney, Australia
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 180°C To make the white sauce saute the sliced leeks and cashews in a little water until soft. Transfer to a blender and add the milk. Blend until smooth and then return to the pan.
- 2Mix the cornflour with 2 teaspoons of water until smooth, and then add to the sauce. Bring back to the boil. If the sauce seem too thick, add more milk. If too thin add mor cornflour. Season with salt and pepper.
- 3Put the mushrooms and balsamic vinegar in a frying pan and cook over hihg heat, stirring occasionally for 5 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in the chopped basil.
- 4Spread a third of the white sauce over the base of a 3 litre (12 cup) casserole dish. Add a layer of the lasagne sheets, then half the spinach and the mushrooms. Top with another layer of lasagne, another thrid of the white sauce, the asparagus, salmon, anchoives, remaining spinach and then a final layer of pasta and sauce.
- 5Sprinkle the feta cheese over the top. Cover and bake for 20 minutes then uncover and grill 5-8 mins to brown the top.
Browse Our Top Saltwater Fish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Smoked Salmon Lasagne
Serving Size: 1 (217 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 243.2
- Calories from Fat 52
- Total Fat 5.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 7.3 mg
- Sodium 381.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 6.0 g
- Protein 12.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
reduced-fat feta cheese