My friend Luisa knows I love smoked salmon and she prepared this dish for me. It is a Bobby Flay recipe to boot! When I asked for the recipe, she already had printed a copy. FoodNetwork - 09/28/2008.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 8 ounces center cut cold-smoked salmon fillets
- 1 red bell pepper, roasted and cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 12 ounces steamed yukon gold potatoes, cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish, drained
- kosher salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- 2 tablespoons pure olive oil
- 4 poached eggs
- 4 tablespoons salmon caviar
- fresh dill sprig, for garnish
- 1PREPARE THE VINAIGRETTE:.
- 2Place vinegar, lemon juice, shallot, dill, salt and pepper in a blender and blend until smooth.
- 3With the motor running, slowly add the oil until emulsified.
- 4Transfer the vinaigrette to a bowl or squeeze bottle.
- 5PREPARE THE HASH:.
- 6Bring 4 cups of water to a simmer in a medium saute pan, add the salmon and poach until just cooked through, about 8 minutes.
- 7Remove the salmon, flake with a fork and transfer the mixture to medium bowl.
- 8Add the roasted pepper, potatoes, horseradish, salt and pepper and dill and gently mix until combined.
- 9Heat the olive oil in a large, nonstick saute pan over high heat.
- 10Add the hash mixture and cook, stirring occasionally until golden brown and crisp all over.
- 11Divide the hash among 4 plates and top each with a poached egg and a tablespoon of salmon caviar.
- 12Drizzle with the dill vinaigrette.
- 13Garnish with fresh dill.
Browse Our Top Saltwater Fish Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Saltwater Fish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Smoked Salmon Hash With Dill Vinaigrette
Serving Size: 1 (294 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 525.5
- Calories from Fat 368
- Total Fat 40.8 g
- Saturated Fat 6.5 g
- Cholesterol 240.6 mg
- Sodium 245.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 3.0 g
- Protein 19.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
white wine vinegar