Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
My friend Luisa knows I love smoked salmon and she prepared this dish for me. It is a Bobby Flay recipe to boot! When I asked for the recipe, she already had printed a copy. FoodNetwork - 09/28/2008.
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 1⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 8 ounces center cut cold-smoked salmon fillets
- 1 red bell pepper, roasted and cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 12 ounces steamed yukon gold potatoes, cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish, drained
- kosher salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- 2 tablespoons pure olive oil
- 4 poached eggs
- 4 tablespoons salmon caviar
- fresh dill sprig, for garnish
- PREPARE THE VINAIGRETTE:.
- Place vinegar, lemon juice, shallot, dill, salt and pepper in a blender and blend until smooth.
- With the motor running, slowly add the oil until emulsified.
- Transfer the vinaigrette to a bowl or squeeze bottle.
- PREPARE THE HASH:.
- Bring 4 cups of water to a simmer in a medium saute pan, add the salmon and poach until just cooked through, about 8 minutes.
- Remove the salmon, flake with a fork and transfer the mixture to medium bowl.
- Add the roasted pepper, potatoes, horseradish, salt and pepper and dill and gently mix until combined.
- Heat the olive oil in a large, nonstick saute pan over high heat.
- Add the hash mixture and cook, stirring occasionally until golden brown and crisp all over.
- Divide the hash among 4 plates and top each with a poached egg and a tablespoon of salmon caviar.
- Drizzle with the dill vinaigrette.
- Garnish with fresh dill.