Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
This recipe is from Canadian Living magazine and makes for a wonderful weekend breakfast or brunch. Posted for ZWT4.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 4 potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 small bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup red onion, diced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 6 ounces smoked salmon
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill, chopped
- 2 tablespoons capers, chopped
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 4 fried eggs
- Heat oil over medium-high heat in a non-stick skillet. Fry potatoes, stirring often, until browned, about 12 minutes.
- Add bell pepper, onion, salt and pepper and cook over medium heat, until softened, about 8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, remove skin from salmon and break into bite-size chunks. stir into potato mixture and press with spatula to compress.
- Cook, without stirring, until bottom is golden and crispy, about 10 minutes. Stir in dill, capers and lemon juice.
- Spoon onto plates; top each with egg.