Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
A great appetizer or party snack...
- 3 whole wheat flat bread
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup watercress, roughly chopped
- 1⁄2 lb nova scotia smoked salmon, thinly sliced
- 8 ounces soft fresh goat cheese, room tempurature
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 cup capers
- Rub the flatbread with olive oil.
- Toast them on either side under a hot broiler. Let cool.
- Using a whisk, smoothe out goat cheese. Mix in 1/2 cup watercress, and the salt and cayenne pepper.
- Using a rubber spatula, spread the goat cheese mixture evenly among the flatbread.
- Distribute sliced smoked salmon evenly among the flatbread.
- Top all with red onion, remaining watercress, and capers.
- Cut into wedges using a pizza cutter or large chef's knife.