Recipe by Alan Leonetti
This very easy recipe was originally from Ina Garten, which I cut in half and made minor adjustments.
- 1⁄2 medium onion (diced)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons unsalted butter
- 6 extra large eggs
- 1⁄2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 ounces fresh goat cheese (crumbled)
- 1⁄4 lb smoked salmon, cut into small pieces (lox)
- 1 1⁄2 scallions (white and light green parts chopped)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons fresh dill (chopped)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Saute the onion and butter in an oven-proof omlet pan over medium-low heat until the onions are translucent, about 5 minutes.
- If you do not have an oven-proof omlet pan, a regular one will do, except you will have to transfer to a baking dish when placing into oven.
- In a bowl, beat the eggs.
- Add the heavy cream, goat cheese, smoked salmon, scallions, dill, salt and pepper and combine.
- Pour the mixture over the onions, and place the omlet pan in the center of the oven.
- NOTE: If you do not have an oven-proof omlet pan, then you must transfer the onions into an oven-proof baking dish and then pour the mixture over the onions and place the baking dish into the center of the oven.
- Bake the frittata for about 45 minutes, until it puffs and a knife inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Serve hot, directly from the pan or baking dish.