Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
A Whole Foods recipe.
Make and share this Smoked Salmon Frittata recipe from Food.com.
- 8 large eggs
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons chives, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil or 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup red onion, thinly sliced
- 4 ounces cream cheese, cut into 1/2 ",cubes
- 4 ounces smoked salmon, cut into large strips
- 2 -3 fresh tomatoes, cut into slices
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, whisk eggs until well beaten and slightly frothy.
- Whisk in milk, chives and black pepper.
- Set aside.
- In a large ovenproof skillet, heat olive oil or butter over medium heat until hot but not smoking.
- Add egg mixture to skillet and then quickly arrange remaining ingredients on top of eggs (in order).
- (Distribute evenly and attractively.).
- Cook for 3 minutes on the stovetop without stirring.
- Transfer to oven.
- Bake until the top is golden brown and the frittata is set, about 30 minutes. (center should be just firm to the touch).
- Let cool slightly before serving.
This was GREAT, thanks.
For now I'm not going to rate it until I serve it to my family again. My husband thought it was nothing special. I left out the cream cheese... so I'm going to try again making it with cream cheese and also lightly salting it. I may also add a couple tablespoons of salsa for a little zing... so I'll rate it later. Anyway, I loved it!
Yep, I agree, 5 stars all the way! Made for a wonderful dinner. I cut back on the amount of onion and wished I wouldn't have! We will definitely make this again. Made for September Photo Challenge. . .Breakfast Anytime.
This is just perfect. I didn't use the chives or onion because there's an aversion in our house but used a little garlic instead. WONDERFUL! Thanks!