Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I made this up with leftover smoked salmon. Feel free to throw in leftovers (other vegetables, other meats, noodles, etc.).
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 1 carrot, shredded
- 1 garlic clove, sliced thin
- 1 teaspoon hoisin sauce
- 1 cup rice, cooked (I used basmati which added great flavor)
- 2 eggs
- 4 ounces smoked salmon, sliced into bite sized pieces
- soy sauce, to taste
- rice wine vinegar, to taste
- Heat a large frying pan on high. When hot, add the oil. Add the onion and celery and a splash of soy sauce and vinegar. Cook for about 3 minutes.
- Add the carrot and cook for another 2 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for another minute. Add the hoisin and stir to combine.
- Move the vegetables to the perimeter of the pan. Add the rice to the center to warm through. Lightly splash with soy sauce and vinegar. Once warmed, mix the rice into the vegetables and move all to the perimeter of the pan.
- Add the 2 eggs to the center of the pan. Scramble. Mix with the vegetables and rice.
- Turn off the heat and add the salmon to the pan. Taste the mixture and season with additional soy sauce and vinegar, if needed.