Recipe by Kevin Young
I saw quite a few salmon cake recipes here but thought I'd share this one as well. These are amazing, even my wife who doesn't like salmon (a concept I don't understand myself) really enjoyed them.
Top Review by Penny A.
I followed the recipe exactly - Salmon cakes were wonderful. I did use Hannah Tzatziki Yogurt dip as a topping and that really added to the flavor as well. Would definitely make this again.
- 1 lb smoked salmon
- 1 lb mashed potatoes
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 tablespoons coarse grain mustard
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives, chopeed
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice and rind of, grated
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 1⁄2 cups breadcrumbs
Directions See How It's Made
- Flake salmon with a fork and place in a large bowl with potatoes, butter, and mustard and mix well.
- Add dill, parsley, chives, lemon rind and juice, salt and pepper and mix thoroughly.
- Divide mixture into eight portions and form into balls.
- Flatten each ball to about 1 inch thick.
- Dip each cake in flour, egg, and breadcrumbs thoroughly coating with each.
- Fry fish cakes in oil over medium high heat until golden brown and crispy about 5-8 minutes on each side.
- You can serve with a tartar sauce or some other condiment but really they are great just with a squeeze of lemon or a dash of tabasco.