Recipe by Lori Mama
I saw an episode of The Barefoot Contessa the other day and had to try this appetizer. She made hers as sandwiches, but I thought it was kind of neat to display the Salmon since it's so expensive. I scaled down the serving size as well. The recipe came from her Book Party show. I wasn't able to get the entire ingredient list as the site didn't have it posted. I believe it's close however.
Top Review by JackieOhNo!
Even though I couldn't get the cocktail bread, I made the spread and used "everything" bagels for our breakfast. Fabulous flavor with the fresh herbs and the salmon. I will definitely make this again.
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 chopped green onions
- 1⁄4 cup fresh dill
- 1⁄4 cup parsley, chopped
- salt and pepper
- 1 package of 100% miniature party rye rounds or 1 package pumpernickel cocktail bread (the square party bread type)
- 500 g of your favorite sliced smoked salmon (I buy mine at Costco)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the cream cheese in a food processor along with the first 5 ingredients and mix well.
- Spread this mixture on each of the bread squares.
- You should have enough for 10 pieces of bread.
- Place sliced smoked salmon on top to cover the surface.
- Cut the slices into finger sizes of your choice.
- Sprinkle a bit of s&p on the fish if desired.
- Chill before eating.