Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is deLICious!! Lovely for lunch or dinner served with a tossed, crisp green salad.
- 1 (250 g) packetfresh fettuccine pasta
- 1 (100 g) packetsliced smoked salmon
- 4 -5 spring onions (shallots)
- 2 stalks celery
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1⁄2 cup chopped parsley
- 1⁄2 cup capers (optional)
- 3⁄4 cup cream or 3⁄4 cup sour cream
- salt (to taste)
- fresh ground black pepper
- chopped fresh dill
- Cook the fettucine in the usual way, and drain.
- Finely chop the spring onions, and celery.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan.
- Add onion, celery, parsley and capers.
- Cook until the onion is soft and clear.
- Cut the salmon into thin strips.
- Stir in the salmon and cook further for 1 minute.
- Add the dill and cream/sour cream and gently simmer for about 5 minutes or until the liquid has reduced to a sauce consistency.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve immediately, spooned over the fettucine.
This was lovely. I did make one change, I added the salmon last, just as the sauce thickened, since i prefer my salmon more on the "uncooked" side. Thanks.
Love that smokey flavor. I made "cream" with skim milk and fat free cream cheese and tripled that part of the recipe in order to have enough sauce. If you don't at least double the cream you won't have any sauce at all.