Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
I adapted this recipe from Ironstone Vineyards in Murphys, CA. It's pretty simple, which I like, and it is a crowd pleaser.
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 large leek, thinly sliced
- 2 shallots, thinly sliced
- 1 pint heavy cream
- 1⁄2 cup freshly grated romano cheese
- 1⁄4 cup Chardonnay wine
- 4 -8 ounces smoked salmon
- 1 lb fettuccine pasta
- Melt butter in large saute pan.
- add leeks and shallots and saute (do not brown).
- add chardonnay wine and let cook down a little.
- add heavy cream and and heat to medium.
- add romano cheese.
- when well blended, add smoked salmon.
- let simmer on low while stirring occasionally.
- meanwhile boil fettucini in large pot for about 10 minutes.
- combine cream mixture and pasta in large pasta bowl and serve.
- Asparagas makes a great sidedish with this recipe.
- Serve with Chardonnay Wine as beverage.