Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
If you like smoking fish you will enjoy the Enchiladas!
- 1 cup red onion, slices
- 1⁄2 cup lime juice
- 3⁄4 lb boned skinned smoked salmon
- 1⁄2 cup cream cheese (4oz)
- 1 (8 ounce) can enchilada sauce
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 8 corn tortillas (6-inch)
- 3⁄4 cup chopped green onion (including tops)
- 1⁄2 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- In a bowl mix red onion slices and lime juice.Cut cream cheese into 1/2 inch chunks.Mix enchilada sauce and chicken broth and pour 1 cup of the mixture into a shallow 3 quart (9X13 inch) casserole.
- Stack tortillas and put in a microwave safe plastic bag but do not seal. Heat in a microwave oven on full power just until hot, about 1 to 2 minutes.
- Dip tortillas, 1 at a time, in sauce in casserole and turn over to coat. Stack at 1 end of the casserole. Scatter 1/8 of the trout, cream cheese, and green onions across center of 1 tortilla. Roll to enclose filling and set, seam down, in sauce. Repeat to fill remaining tortillas, pushing unfilled ones to the end of the casserole as you work.
- Pour remaining enchilada sauce mixture over and around filled tortillas.
- Bake in a 400 F oven until sauce bubbles, 10 to 12 minutes. Sprinkle jack cheese over enchiladas and bake until melted, 2 to 3 minutes more.
- With a slotted spoon, lift the red onion slices from the bowl and scatter over the enchiladas. Serve with a wide spatula. Season to taste with lime juice from the bowl.