Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
A quick an easy breakfast, or lunch or anytime for that matter! Found this on the back of a package somewhere in time, and changed it a bit to my liking. Enjoy! :)
- 3 hard-boiled eggs
- 2 ounces smoked salmon (cut into small pieces)
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- salt & pepper
- 2 bagels
- Mash up hard boiled eggs in a bowl.
- Add salmon, mayo, dijon mustard and salt & pepper, and mix well.
- Toast 1/2 a bagel, and spread egg salad on top. A tasty way to toast the bagel for this too is to spread a bit of butter on the inside, and fry in a pan. MMMMMM :).
YUM! I smoked a trout yesterday so I made this recipe and another similar one for dinner tonight. I increased the fish but left the egg count the same (and next time I will only use 1 egg). We actually preferred this recipe over the Paula Deen recipe - the main difference is that this version called for dijon mustard which gave it a nice tang. I also added capers and onions which were great additions. Would make this again.
This is so good in a toasted bagel sandwich. The two ounces of smoked salmon is just enough to give the spread a great flavor without being too fishy. I think it could use some chopped scallions (or other onion) and some fresh dill would really make this fabulous. Thanx for sharing!