Prep 7 mins
Cook 0 mins
my own egg salad!
- 2 large eggs, boiled
- 50 g smoked salmon
- 1 green onion
- 1⁄2 large celery rib
- 1 pinch dried chives
- 15 g reduced-calorie mayonnaise (japanese if you have it)
- ground black pepper, to taste
- chop up the eggs finely.
- chop up the celery finely.
- chop up the green onion finely.
- chop up the salmon finely.
- mix all ingredients together!
Loved the flavor the smoked salmon added to this, and great crunch from the onions and celery. I did add some more mayo, but that's just our personal tastes. Thanks for sharing!
I loved this. The smoked salmon adds a subtle salty undernote, and the celery and scallion give it a tangy crunch. I didn't have any dried chives, so I used fresh instead. And I used full-fat mayonnaise. A very luxurious salad, which would make a delicious sandwich filling. Reviewed for Pick A Chef, Fall 2007.