Prep 30 mins
Cook 25 mins
Central Market recipe for Smoked Salmon & Dill Palmiers
- 1 sheet puff pastry, thawed
- 1⁄4 cup cream cheese with chives, softened
- 1⁄4 lb smoked salmon
- 1 teaspoon fresh dill, chopped
- 1 teaspoon capers, chopped
- 2 eggs, beaten
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Spread cream cheese over puff pastry, covering it to the edges.
- Arrange slices of salmon in one layer over cream cheese.
- Sprinkle evenly with dill and capers.
- With the long edge of the dough facing you, roll the top and bottom edges toward each other until they meet in the middle. Roll as tightly as possible, working quickly.
- Wrap in parchment paper and refrigerate for 5 minutes.
- Using a serrated knife, slice the roll into 18 even pieces. Arrange pieces on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Brush with beaten egg.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Rotate pan in oven and cook an additional 10 minutes or until pastry is golden brown.
- Serve palmiers (pahlm-YAY) hot from the oven or at room temperature.