Recipe by Bonnie G #2
Found this in a Rachael Ray magazine and will make for a bar b q I'm having, differant from your regular deviled eggs, something a little more special. Made these and they are just as good as they looked. Only for those of you who like smoked salmon - but if you do you'll enjoy this. I used shortstuff's Hard-Boiled Eggs to prepare the eggs and worked like a charm.
- 12 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup smoked salmon, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons fresh chives, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup capers, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt, to taste
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper, to taste
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika, for dusting
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large pot, arrange eggs in a signle layer and add enough water to cover.
- Bring to boil over high heat, then cover and remove from the heat; let stand for 10 minutes.
- Drain then cover eggs with ice water.
- Let stand until cool to the touch.
- Peel eggs, halve lengthwise and scoop the yolks into a medium bowl, reserving egg whites.
- Mash yolks add sourcream, salmon, and chives, season with salt and pepper. Spoon yolk mixture into egg white and dust with paprika.
- You may want to add more or less sourcream to get the yolk mixture to your desired consistancy.