Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 40 mins
Cook 0 mins
These are wonderful sandwiches to make for a special occasion lunch. The fresh watercress just turns it from an ordinary smoked salmon sandwich to something really memorable. These go well with a fruit salad and champagne.
- 1 large English cucumber, sliced thin
- 1⁄2 large red onion, sliced thin
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained and chopped a bit
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 2 rounds lavash bread (I use Hye-Roller brand)
- 1⁄2-1 lb smoked salmon, thin sliced, depending on how generous you want to be
- 1 bunch fresh chives, chopped
- 2 cups watercress leaves, washed and dried
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Mix sour cream, cream cheese, capers, horseradish and salt and pepper.
- Arrange all ingredients so that you have two equal amounts (for the two rolls).
- On each lavosh, spread the sour cream mixture.
- Then add salmon, cucumber, onion, chives and watercress.
- Tightly roll up each lavosh and wrap in Saran wrap.
- Chill for 2-4 hours.
- Just before serving, unwrap and slice into 1" thick rounds on the diagonal.
- Arrange on a platter, garnish with more watercress.
Yummy! I made a variation on these (based on what was in the cupboard!) I omitted the onion and capers and used multigrain bread. I combined horseradish sauce with the cream cheese and it was delicious. Thanks for the inspiration!
I discovered Lavash recently and now I wrap everything in it! I made this recipe as part of a buffet luncheon for 12 women and they all loved it! Of course, no one knew what lavash was. I had to get mine from a farmer's market 30 miles away from home! I always pick up several packs and freeze them. Thanks for a great recipe!