Recipe by I'mPat
From the November issue of Australian Tables Magazine. These appear to be light a delicious but unfortunately I am the only one in the family that likes cucumber and smoked salmon so I cannot see me having the opportunity to make these, so times are an estimate. HANDY HINT - prepare salmon filling and scooped out cucumber cups ahead of time, refrigerate and fill just before serving.
Top Review by bluemoon downunder
Delicious and very elegant... love smoked salmon and cucumber is always so refreshing. I had made appetisers using a cucumber slices as a base before but had not scooped out a section to make cups. A neat idea! The trouble with a cucumber slice as a base (as opposed to creating a cup) is that the topping so easily slides off! Great blend of flavours. The friends who had dropped arround for the evening really enjoyed these - and wanted the recipe! We enjoyed them too so I'll certainly be making them again. Thanks for sharing another super recipe, Pat. Made for PRMR.
- 5 lebanese cucumbers (ends trimmed)
- 150 g smoked salmon (finely shredded or diced)
- 1⁄2 cup light sour cream (120 grams)
- 1 garlic clove (crushed, finely minced)
- 1 tablespoon mint (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon dill (snipped)
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- salt & pepper
- dill (extra to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel and finely dice one cucumber, place into a bowl.
- Cut remaining cucumbers into 2cm (3/4 inch) slices and using a melon baller or teaspoon scoop out seeds, leaving a base to form a cup.
- Add remaining ingredients to diced cucumber and mix well.
- Season to taste.
- Fill each cup with salmon mixture, top with extra dill and serve.