Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
From the November issue of Australian Tables Magazine. These appear to be light a delicious but unfortunately I am the only one in the family that likes cucumber and smoked salmon so I cannot see me having the opportunity to make these, so times are an estimate. HANDY HINT - prepare salmon filling and scooped out cucumber cups ahead of time, refrigerate and fill just before serving.
- 5 lebanese cucumbers (ends trimmed)
- 150 g smoked salmon (finely shredded or diced)
- 1⁄2 cup light sour cream (120 grams)
- 1 garlic clove (crushed, finely minced)
- 1 tablespoon mint (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon dill (snipped)
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- salt & pepper
- dill (extra to garnish)
- Peel and finely dice one cucumber, place into a bowl.
- Cut remaining cucumbers into 2cm (3/4 inch) slices and using a melon baller or teaspoon scoop out seeds, leaving a base to form a cup.
- Add remaining ingredients to diced cucumber and mix well.
- Season to taste.
- Fill each cup with salmon mixture, top with extra dill and serve.
Delicious and very elegant... love smoked salmon and cucumber is always so refreshing. I had made appetisers using a cucumber slices as a base before but had not scooped out a section to make cups. A neat idea! The trouble with a cucumber slice as a base (as opposed to creating a cup) is that the topping so easily slides off! Great blend of flavours. The friends who had dropped arround for the evening really enjoyed these - and wanted the recipe! We enjoyed them too so I'll certainly be making them again. Thanks for sharing another super recipe, Pat. Made for PRMR.
A huge hit amoung my BBQ crowd who said I'd gone all fancy on them!!!
These were very good and pretty easy to make. The flavor was good, the next time I think I would add more mint and dill. Also, for everyday use, I think I wouldn't bother with the cucumber cups and just make the filling. The cups are nice if you were to take them to a potluck.