Recipe by ChefRed
Recipe by the California Culinary Academy. Serve over pasta(spinach fettucine) or fresh spinach.
Top Review by Chef Regina V. Smith
Easy and delicious. I used a bit less milk (3/4 cup). I did not use peas, as it was not the taste I was looking for. Instead I did add some capers (about 1 tbsp.) when I added the parmesan cheese at the end. Do not leave out the lemon juice as it gives the sauce a nice bright fresh taste. I used a high quality imported Pappardelle for the pasta and garnished it with a bit more chopped dill. I would serve this at a dinner party without any hesitation.
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄4 lb sliced smoked salmon (cut into small pieces)
- 1⁄2 cup peas
- 1 large green onion, including green tops (finely sliced)
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon fresh dill (finely chopped)
- 1⁄3 cup parmesan cheese (freshly grated)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium saucepan combine cream cheese and milk. Heat, stirring until mixture is smooth.
- Stir in smoked salmon, peas, onion, lemon juice, and dill. Cook to heat.
- Remove pan from heat. Stir in cheese. Use immediately.
- To serve: Cook 1-1/4 to 1-1/3 pounds fresh or fresh-frozen spinach fettucine, or 8 ounces dried, following package directions. Drain. Toss sauce with pasta.