Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This hearty cracker spread is great for entertaining.
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped onions
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke
- 1⁄2 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 1 (16 ounce) can salmon, drained,bones removed,flaked
- chopped pecans, for garnish
- chopped parsley, for garnish
- In small mixing bowl beat cream cheese at medium speed, scraping bowl often, until light and fluffy (2 to 3 minutes).
- Add salt, lemon juice, onion, liquid smoke and horseradish.
- Continue beating until well mixed (1 to 2 minutes).
- By hand, stir in salmon.
- Spoon into a serving bowl.
- If desired, garnish with pecans and parsley.
- Serve with crackers.
- Store in refrigerator.
Excellent!! The only thing I do different is to use walnuts mixed with parsley instead of pecans.
Excellent! I've had this recipe for 25 years and it never fails to get rave reviews. Mine calls for 1 tsp horseradish. Many times we put this in an airtight bowl and use as bagel spread.