Recipe by Chef Jeff Garland
Serve this with the Avocado Tarter Sauce and it is a winning combination. Recipe is by Frank P. Melodia.
- 1 lb fresh lump crabmeat, drained
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped green onion
- 1⁄4 cup finely diced roasted red pepper
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper
- 3 ounces smoked salmon
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup canola oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Stir together first 6 ingredients in a large bowl. Divide mixture into 8 balls.
- Flatten each ball into a 3-inch patty. Divide smoked salmon into 4 pieces, and place in center of 4 patties. Place remaining patties over salmon, pressing edges to seal; coat cakes in breadcrumbs.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat; add cakes, and cook, in batches, 3 to 4 minutes on each side or until golden. Drain on paper towels. Serve immediately with Spicy Avocado Tartar Sauce Recipe #98635 . Garnish with fresh cilantro sprigs, if desired.