Recipe by Manami
Found this on foodnetwork.com - it looks interesting and tasy. The recipe is courtesy of Marcus Samuelsson. Appealing! I wouldn't use the jalapeno peppers because of personal preference.
- 16 slices grain bread
- 16 slices bacon, halved crosswise (turkey bacon is fine)
- 2 red onions, cut into small dice
- 2 medium tomatoes, cut into 1/4 dice
- 6 sprigs cilantro, roughly chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 16 mint leaves
- 2 jalapeno peppers, cut into small dice or
- 1⁄2 green bell pepper, cut into small dice
- 4 avocados, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 4 limes, juice of, preferably limes not lemons
- 8 slices smoked salmon (thin slices)
- 2 slices smoked salmon (cut into 16 strips crosswise and rolled into rosettes, garnish)
- salt, to taste
- freshly ground coarse black pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 250°F.
- Toast the bread slices and let cool.
- Roast the bacon in oven until crisp.
- Chop red onion, tomato, cilantro, garlic, mint leaves and jalapeno peppers (if using)or green bell peppers - finely chopped.
- Put it all into a bowl.
- Add the avocado and pour in lime juice.
- Toss the avocado mixture and season well with salt and pepper.
- Place 1 Tablespoon avocado mixture on each slice of smoked salmon.
- Fold the smoked salmon into a square, so that the avocado is wrapped in the center.
- Place the smoked salmon and bacon between two slices of bread.
- Cut the sandwich diagonally.
- Place a rosette on top of each half and place 2 pieces of bacon on top of the rosette.