25 hrs 40 mins
1 hr 40 mins
This is a great recipe for company brunch! Prep time includes refrigeration time.
My Private Note
9inch c ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup butter
- 12 sheets phyllo pastry
- 2 lbs leeks, julienned
- 1 1/2 lbs cream cheese or 1 1/2 lbs thick yogurt cheese
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1/2 cup smoked cheddar cheese or 1/2 cup old cheddar cheese
- 1/4 lb chopped smoked salmon
- 1/4 lb thinly sliced smoked salmon
- salt and pepper
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons finely ground juniper berries
- 1Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- 2Set out a 9 inch springform pan.
- 3In a medium pan melt the butter.
- 4Lightly brush butter on 1 sheet of phyllo and begin to layer in the springform pan.
- 5Repeat with remaining sheets making sure the sides and bottom of pan are covered.
- 6Saute leeks in remaining butter.
- 7In a large bowl beat together the cream cheese, eggs, sour cream, whipping cream, cheddar cheese, chopped salmon, salt and pepper until smooth.
- 8Spread a small amount of cheese mixture on the bottom of the lined pan, then leeks, slamon, cheese, leeks, salmon-- ending with the cheese mixture.
- 9Cover pan with foil and set into a larger baking pan.
- 10Fill outer pan half way up with boiling water.
- 11Place in oven and bake for one hour.
- 12Uncover cheesecake, turn oven off and leave in for another 40 minutes longer.
- 13Remove and let stand on a wire rack for 30 minutes.
- 14Place in the fridge and let set overnight.
- 15In a mediumpan heat cream to body temperature.
- 16Remove from heat.
- 17Whisk in the buttermilk and crushed juniper berries.
- 18Loosely cover mixture and let stand on the counter for 24 hours.
- 19Chill for a few hours before using.
- 20Spoon over cheesecake slices.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Smoked Salmon Cheesecake
Serving Size: 1 (299 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 864.8
- Calories from Fat 647
- Total Fat 71.9 g
- Saturated Fat 43.2 g
- Cholesterol 307.2 mg
- Sodium 781.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 5.1 g
- Protein 21.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: