Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 24 hrs
Cook 1 hr 40 mins
This is a great recipe for company brunch! Prep time includes refrigeration time.
Make and share this Smoked Salmon Cheesecake recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 12 sheets phyllo pastry
- 2 lbs leeks, julienned
- 1 1⁄2 lbs cream cheese or 1 1⁄2 lbs thick yogurt cheese
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream
- 1⁄2 cup smoked cheddar cheese or 1⁄2 cup old cheddar cheese
- 1⁄4 lb chopped smoked salmon
- 1⁄4 lb thinly sliced smoked salmon
- salt and pepper
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons finely ground juniper berries
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Set out a 9 inch springform pan.
- In a medium pan melt the butter.
- Lightly brush butter on 1 sheet of phyllo and begin to layer in the springform pan.
- Repeat with remaining sheets making sure the sides and bottom of pan are covered.
- Saute leeks in remaining butter.
- In a large bowl beat together the cream cheese, eggs, sour cream, whipping cream, cheddar cheese, chopped salmon, salt and pepper until smooth.
- Spread a small amount of cheese mixture on the bottom of the lined pan, then leeks, slamon, cheese, leeks, salmon-- ending with the cheese mixture.
- Cover pan with foil and set into a larger baking pan.
- Fill outer pan half way up with boiling water.
- Place in oven and bake for one hour.
- Uncover cheesecake, turn oven off and leave in for another 40 minutes longer.
- Remove and let stand on a wire rack for 30 minutes.
- Place in the fridge and let set overnight.
- In a mediumpan heat cream to body temperature.
- Remove from heat.
- Whisk in the buttermilk and crushed juniper berries.
- Loosely cover mixture and let stand on the counter for 24 hours.
- Chill for a few hours before using.
- Spoon over cheesecake slices.