Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
Great do ahead party appetizer. Recipe from Emeril Adopted 09/06
- 1 cup grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese
- 1 cup fine dry breadcrumb
- 1⁄2 cup melted unsalted butter
- spice essence
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup brunoise red pepper
- 1⁄2 cup brunoise yellow pepper
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 lbs cream cheese, at room temperature
- 4 large eggs
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh black pepper
- 1 cup grated smoked gouda cheese
- 1 lb smoked salmon
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 1 cup creme fraiche
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- 1⁄4 cup brunoise red onion
- 1⁄4 cup capers
- 1 hard-boiled egg, white and yolk separated and finely chopped
- 1 (7 ounce) can black caviar
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a 10-inch springform pan, combine the Parmesan cheese, bread crumbs and melted butter together.
- Blend thoroughly and season the mixture with Essence.
- Firmly press the mixture into the bottom of the pan.
- In a saute pan, over medium heat, heat the olive oil.
- When the olive is hot, add the onions and peppers.
- Season the mixture with Essence.
- saute the vegetables for 2 minutes.
- Stir in the garlic and remove from the heat and cool completely.
- Using a food processor, fitted with a metal blade, add the cream cheese.
- Process the cheese until smooth.
- With the machine running, add the eggs, one at a time.
- Add the cream, salt and black pepper.
- Process the mixture until incorporated.
- Remove the mixture from the machine and turning into a mixing bowl.
- Fold the vegetable mixture, Gouda cheese, smoked salmon and parsley into the cheese mixture.
- reseason the mixture if needed.
- Pour the cheese mixture into the prepared pan.
- Place the pan on the middle rack in the oven and bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes or until the cheesecake is set in the center.
- Remove the cheesecake from the oven and cool completely before slicing.
- GARNISH: In a small mixing bowl, whisk the creme fraiche and lemon juice together.
- Season the mixture with salt and pepper.
- Fold in the chives.
- To assemble, place a small pool of the sauce in the center of each plate.
- Lay one piece of the cheesecake in the center of the sauce.
- Garish each plate with the red onions, capers, egg whites, egg yolks, caviar and parsley.
I made 1/4 of the recipe and used dill instead of parsley. Very tasty!
This is so delicious. I had it once at a party and was hooked! I've made it a few times since and it always gets raves. I'm often put off by Emeril's recipes because they have so many ingredients, but this one is well worth the effort! One note - it makes a LOT so I only bring it to very large get-togethers.