I am a little sad at the thought this is the final recipe to enter from my long-lost & newly found recipe treasure trove. BUT it does seem I have managed to end w/something I see as truly spec. (Times were estimated & prep time does include time to prepare ingredients) Enjoy!
- In a med bowl, beat eggs w/salt & pepper till just blended.
- In a 9-in skillet over med-heat, heat the oil & saute onion (stirring often) till soft & caramelized (10-12 min).
- Turn out of the pan & set aside.
- In the same skillet, melt butter over med-heat.
- Pour eggs into the pan & cook, lifting from the edge to let the runny portion flow underneath.
- When almost set, scatter the onion & salmon over it.
- Roll over 1/3 of the omelet & tilt it onto a warm plate, making another fold.
- Divide omelet into 2 servings.
- Spoon sour cream over the top, sprinkle w/chives & serve immediately. (Serving w/toasted bagels was suggested).