I am a little sad at the thought this is the final recipe to enter from my long-lost & newly found recipe treasure trove. BUT it does seem I have managed to end w/something I see as truly spec. (Times were estimated & prep time does include time to prepare ingredients) Enjoy!
- In a med bowl, beat eggs w/salt & pepper till just blended.
- In a 9-in skillet over med-heat, heat the oil & saute onion (stirring often) till soft & caramelized (10-12 min).
- Turn out of the pan & set aside.
- In the same skillet, melt butter over med-heat.
- Pour eggs into the pan & cook, lifting from the edge to let the runny portion flow underneath.
- When almost set, scatter the onion & salmon over it.
- Roll over 1/3 of the omelet & tilt it onto a warm plate, making another fold.
- Divide omelet into 2 servings.
- Spoon sour cream over the top, sprinkle w/chives & serve immediately. (Serving w/toasted bagels was suggested).
This was heavenly. Maybe that's an impartial opinion though, because I love smoked salmon in any way, shape or form. But this was great, especially with the caramelized onions. I know I bought fresh chives not too long ago, but dang if I could find them when preparing these omelets for breakfast this morning. So instead, I use my dried chives. It was fine, but I think fresh would have tasted and look better. Thanks, twissis. Made for your awesome win in the Football Pool. Yum!
Very nice omelet. I'm not the best at the folding of omelets, but it was very tasty. Thanks for sharing, twissis. Made for Culinary Quest 2014.
very good cakepops on parade npw